Monday, October 19, 2009

Saw a Ghost


I saw a ghost yesterday. I didn't believe in them before then, but now I won't be taking as many strolls at night anymore. It was the night before the new king's coronation when some of the guards came and interrupted my reading. They told me that some sort of apparition had been spotted, and that they needed my help to find out whether it was actually a spirit or just late night jumpiness. So I went with them outside the castle, thinking it was ridiculous that royal guards were afraid of the dark. Even as we stood outside and discussed the ghost, it appeared! It looked like the old King Hamlet, risen from the dead. I tried to get him to say something by begging, demanding, and even getting the guards to throw spears at him, but none of it worked, and the ghost vanished. I suppose Old Hamlet is turning in his grave now that Claudius sits own his throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment